If you hadn't heard, New Hamsphire is the home of the Free State Project - a group of Liberty minded individuals from across the country have agreed to move to this great state to promote the ideals of Liberty. The thinking is that in a smallish state like New Hampshire that is already libertarian-leaning a group of people voting as a block can have a good opportunity to influence politics.
The ideals of the Free State Project (FSP) revolve around less government and greater freedom and personal responsibility. Ideals which I happen to subscribe to. And the best part for me is that I already live here, so I don't have to move to be involved.
At the end of June the FSP is holding their big annual get-together called Porcfest. It's short for Porcupine Festival, which is a take-off from their "Don't Tread On Me" Gadsden flags that feature a porcupine instead of a snake. The gathering is June 24 - 27 at Roger's Campground in Lancaster, NH. I just made my reservation at the campground and purchased my ticket for Porcfest. I also bought a ticket to be a diner at the 'One Pot Cook-off', which is contest throughout the campground to see who can prepare the best one pot meal.
So, if you have any interest at all in the causes of Liberty and Freedom get your camping gear together and get up to Porcfest at Roger's Campground in Lancaster, NH. Details can be found at http://porcfest2010.com/ Make sure to register for the event, and also to register for a campsite at Roger's. See you there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment