Today was the first day of my effort to listen to music on my way to work, instead of the news. (See my post, 'Less news and more music'). After watching the documentary "It might get loud" last night I decided that today's choice would be Led Zeppelin IV. Let me tell you, it didn't disappoint.
When my kids were toddlers I used to play, "Black Dog" over and over for them when we were in the car. They loved it. I can still picture them singing, "Hey hey momma said the way you move..." It's a classic rock 'n roll song with all of the right elements.
What I really enjoy about this classic cd are the great contrasts. You have great wailing rock like "Black Dog" and "Rock and Roll" and then you have these much more acoustic songs like "Stairway to Heaven" (need I say more) and "Going to California". I always had to laugh when I heard the Cadillac commercial with "Rock and Roll" playing in it. Talk about trying to change your image!
"Going to California" interests me. Most of the lyrics are pretty corny, but I love one of the last lines, "Standing on a hill in the mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems." Great!
I didn't get a chance to hear "When the levee breaks" before I got to work, but I'll listen to it on the way home. Now it always conjures up images of Hurricane Katrina and the devastation to New Orleans. Which makes me think about self-reliance. The lesson learned from Katrina is that when it hits the fan, makes sure to take care of you and yours. If the 'authorities' try to herd you in one direction, it's probably in your best interest to run fast and far in the other direction. Be self-reliant!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment